Thursday, May 3, 2007

Back to where it all began

Folks life brings you back a full circle no matter how and when ..but thats for sure..
after almost 1.5 yrs i am back to Canada ( this time thr work :) ), a place from where a new me, a new dimension all began to my life..ya i guess staying away from home and family for a good 3 years ( to get my masters degree) teaches you a lot in life..

I mean seriously thats the first time in life you know what you can .. its like taking a 400 level know yourself class ..you end up finding your own ways of doing things ( not necesarily the best one s but anyways you have to get thr remember ;) ) fight your own battles and make sure you walk out as a winner as there are very few chances to loss.. manage your finances and treat yourself once in a while ..just as a pat letting you know that you werent all that bad :)

Ya those were some years.. but i love every bit of them coz i guess i wont have been what i am today had those 3 yrs not happened in my life.. i have gone thr the worst ( it seems like worst now.. it seemed hell then ;) but i know i could live thr that as well, gracefully and i guess thats what matters at the end .... those 3 yrs have given me a bagful of lessons, courage, confidence, good friends and I guess toughened me up for the next patch of life.. ( so to say ,, i know I am sounding old.. as if I lived 80 yrs ..so i guess i should stop this get back to the pt )

( reality check ,, atmost needed for an imaginative, in my own world kind of a person .did you notice i just slipped yet again... :) ) So i am back in toronto through work this time and that is making a few things preety easy .. i know the place, i am not on too tight on budgets and somehow coming here after 1.5 yrs makes me feel like come home.. i know thats so strange but it does..
I have a mixed bag .. i feel good and bad both ... i feel good to come back to my life almost very similar to student life.. i am living with 2 of my work collegues and its fun just like masters days.. and the freedom and independence feels beautiful..
its like i can do so much all of sudden again . and yes the perfect summer weather does addd to the glory of feeling free as a bird...

I guess I was just too tided up with my life in India ( home work traffic family functions hectic schedules) and just when i needed i got this chance of getting away for a while.. i am almost treating it like an extended vacation. now a 600 level know yourself class :) hhahha ( you have to act mature even if you arent .. it works ;) ) and it has given me some time to pause and know what i am doing with life.. where do i want it to do .. catch up on my reading which was left light years away ( just to prove that , i have finished the da vinci code... after good 7-8 months of which for the first 4-5 months it was just sitting in my bedroom with the hope that some day i dare do the justice to that magnificent piece of mystery ..and i use to almost feel guilty when friends use to let me know that they finished the book in like days.. thankgod my score is atleast in months .. come on, i could have done worst right .. like never ever read it ;) thats being optimistic .....

life is unfair .. you dont get to do all that you love to do all the time, the sooner you accept it the happier you are ;) but thst doesnt stop you from craving what you would really really want to do

i do miss home and family back there.. but somehow as i know i am going to be back in like just 2-3 months doesnt make me feel so low emotionally. I miss India.. the essess of it . i mean .. the chaat, colors, people, warmth of family and home.. but i have been in north america for 3 long yrs alone so i have found a connection with this place as well.. I have had a few really great friends like family now.. and I had a home here :) it was home for those 3 yrs

I guess I dont know if its fair to say I have a special place for both the countries in my heart ,, one place where i have spent my entire childhood and growing up yrs which continues to be my home till date... and another place which has helped me BE and formed so many aspects of me, it has given me so much in so many senses that I could never forget where it all began .. a place called Canada ......

2 comments:

abhiraj said...

that was cool pals!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.